Iphone hero?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, Jul 4, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Si i was in the process of making a skin for my desktop countdown to the new iphone and i decided to download the pic of the iphone from http://www.apple.com/iphone/ I right clicked it and it was named 'hero20080609' as the default file name... just thought it was funny

2. Type121 macrumors regular

In the design business, that kind of product photograph is often called a hero shot or a beauty shot.

3. VideoShooter macrumors regular

Also - In TV sports - the close up on a quarterback who won a winning throw or a pitcher who struck a guy out is also called a "hero" shot.

Of note... a guy that is the loser is called the "goat". You'll often hear a director say "camera X, give me the goat".

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Wow I did not know those terms for that. I learn something new everyday.

5. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

now if it was called 'jesus20080609' i would be slightly concerned

6. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

yeah, Apple has had the word "hero" in filenames of pictures on their website for some time.

7. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

hey, but at least it would be just as blindly idolised as jesus himself :p

8. baseballbent macrumors member

wow. haha. my first thought when i read the title of the thread was guitar hero for the iphone!!!! how awesome would that be!!

but then i opened the thread and those dreams sadly disappeared....

wah wah wah waaaaaaahhhhhhhh.... :(

oh well

but ya that is strange. i never knew those terms either

9. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry buddy no GH for iphone but...... if youve ever played Tap Tap Revolution for a jailbroken Iphone or Ipod Touch then you can enjoy it soon from the App store (some company bought the rights to the game from the original developers) Its close to GH and you can upload your own songs, woot

10. baseballbent macrumors member

yea ive played TTR before when my iphone was jailbroken. but its not anymore.

11. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I am sure a Guitar Hero will be made for the iPhone. I am pretty sure a lot of Game Developers will make games for the iPhone because of how easy it is to get them out there and the revenue from it. I am waiting for Doom to come to the iPhone. And I can't wait to play Super Monkey Ball.

12. baseballbent macrumors member

yea super monkey ball is going to be awesome. along with so many of the other games being developed