iPhone high Pitch Frequency Ringtone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sprime1, Mar 3, 2008.

1. sprime1 macrumors member

I know how to convert mp3s to m4a, then rename to a m4p to add ringtones to my iphone....

i'm wanting a ringtone that is the high pitch that is extremely aggravating (to those who can hear it) and i found an mp3 file of it, called mosquito, or something, and the mp3 plays just fine in itunes, but, when i convert it to AAC in itunes, the result file does not play a sound.

i'm 23 years old, so i shoudl be able to hear it.

any advice? or does anyone have an m4r file of a ringtone they can email me?

thanks!!

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

It may be the AAC conversion that is eliminating the sound alltogether. When converting to a compressed format, often the extreme ranges (Very high pitch or very low pitch) are clipped.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Use iToner to put the ringtone on the phone, and leave it in its original form. One of the things that AAC does is remove even more "non-hearable" sound from audio, and those tones fall in that range with AAC, whereas they do not with MP3.

TEG

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Attached is the version of the mosquito ringtone I have on my iPhone. It isn't crazy loud... but typically loud enough.

Attached Files:

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

6. vishaldove macrumors newbie

Hi Sprime,

I know how to convert aac into m4a and then renaming the file extentiont o m4r, however i am not ablke to get them added into the iphone ringtones, although they appear in itunes ringtone folder BUT not iPhone ringtones list. Can you please help?