iPhone home button not working & strange voices

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by muffiee, Nov 21, 2011.

1. muffiee macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a big problem, today i switched my "iphone 4" (Not the Iphone 4S) on as usual then 2 hours later i started hearing voices coming from my pockets so i took the iphone out and it had a blue screen saying "Voice Control" on the top and some words flashing by.

Now this is the first time i've ever seen this "voice control" thing and i've no idea what it is, i most certainly didn't activate it and it keept shouting at me saying not recognised or something.

Anyway i pressed cancel and it took me to my lock screen as normal, so i unlocked and now the home button isn't working...
    Why has this happened? Has apple released some sort of update for the UK users today and it's somehow automatically been installed on my device giving me this voice control thing? (i heard they were trying to do some automatic update thing over wifi instead of connecting with the pc)

Please can anyone please please please help me as i need this device for business and it's so frustrating to restart it every time i need to launch a new app

Cheers,

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Voice controls are built in to the OS. Check your settings and see if they have been turned on, by mistake.