Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
My son has been wanting to play Pokémon Go. Today I finally downloaded it to my phone. After thinking about it I decided I don't really want him using my phone that much. What I'd like to do is put the Pokémon Go app on our old iPhone 5, which no longer has an active SIM card, and have him use my phone as a hotspot. I think that should work but I'm not positive.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
That will work, only Pokémon Go being a location based game he will have to carry your phone around wherever he goes in order to stay connected to the Internet.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2011
That will work, only Pokémon Go being a location based game he will have to carry your phone around wherever he goes in order to stay connected to the Internet.

Awesome, thanks! He's only 6 so I'd be with him anyway. I'm going to be the best dad ever tonight. :D Probably be the most annoyed dad ever by the end of the weekend. :p

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
Awesome, thanks! He's only 6 so I'd be with him anyway. I'm going to be the best dad ever tonight. :D Probably be the most annoyed dad ever by the end of the weekend. :p

:) You'll have your cardio for the day (or week!) Win-win. Have fun chasing Pokémons!

Reactions: kilcher
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.