iPhone hotter with wifi on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dethklok7, Nov 12, 2008.

1. dethklok7 macrumors member

I usually keep my wifi off and everything is normal but if I have my wifi on for a longer period of time it will begin to start heating up. I haven't noticed this same problems with my friends iphones. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

It's just like every eloctronic, the more use, the hotter it gets. The Wi-Fi being on has little to no correlation between the phone being "Hot". Nothing to worry about (Not saying that you are)

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

My phone is a little warmer, sure. Definitely shouldn’t be hot though

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

My iPhone gets hotter when I turn it on. This happen to anybody else? :confused:

Of course it gets hotter when more "devices" are running. That's just the nature of electronics. There's very little room for heat dissipation, and you notice it more than with a computer because you're holding it.

You'll also notice a bit more heat when playing games or videos. But if it's just "warm" and not "hot," it's not a big deal. I have a first-gen phone, so I can't vouch for the temperature being hot enough to worry about. I do remember some dude posting a picture of his toasted leg after leaving his iPhone is his pocket back near the release.

5. BiggyG macrumors newbie

Actually the other day, I noticed my iPhone in my pocet at work was ridiculously hot against my leg.

I pulled it out and the screen was off, everything was normal.

I restarted the iPhone, and the heat quickly cooled. I'm guessing one of the apps was still running despite iPhone being on the home screen and in standby, because the battery had lost all its charge in the 4 hours i'd been at work.

One recharge later, and all was fine again. Its not happenned since.