iPhone - iCal and Google Calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carl201167, Apr 13, 2008.

1. carl201167 macrumors regular

My partner and I share a diary and use four macs in total across home and work, along with my iPhone.

We had been using iCal and .mac to sync calendars, but found it became unreliable - events weren't syncing no matter how many resets etc. So reluctantly, we switched to Google Calendar.

Works great, but less convenient on the iPhone than the calendar app.

So... I'd like to sync my Google Calendar to iCal. I know Spanning Sync claims to do this, but I used it last year and had all kinds of doubling of event problems (maybe it is more reliable now?)

Anyway, I wondered if one-way sync from google calendar to iCal was the solution. I know I can publish URLs in Google Calendar and subscribe in iCal, but I don't want my personal data on a public link.

Any ideas?

2. larhend macrumors newbie

3. blorenz macrumors newbie

spanning sync has been flawless for the past 2 months that I've used it. I use Jott and have it hooked up to google calender, so all I have is call jott, say "calender", say the time of the appt, meeting etc, and all the details and it goes directly into google calender and spanning sync put's it in my mac calender.
    sweet stuff
    bl