iPhone + iChat?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eliotschreiner, Feb 16, 2008.

1. eliotschreiner macrumors member

2. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

HA! No. Have you seen the requirements for a 4 way iChat video chat? I mean, system requirements? If I recall correctly, you can't even do it with a sub Core-Duo processor....So definently not for the iPhone...Sorry buddy.

3. mediumofmeaning macrumors member

to the contrary, I think it'd be presumptuous to believe this is something apple won't pursue. granted, this won't be coming soon. but to suppose this hasnt crossed job's mind? unlikely.

4. Pookieinc macrumors member

lol @ the camera being on the wrong side of the iPhone. This would be really sweet though.

5. nlivo macrumors 6502a

????

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

You mean a portable device with a built-in iSight camera that allows you to use iChat for video conferencing?

I thought they called that a MacBook.

7. satty macrumors 6502

Are you kidding?
    Of course, the camera has to be on the side of the display, if you want to do video conferencing. Otherwise you would need a mirror or you would have to turn your phone all the time.

I would think iChat video conferencing will be available as soon as the phone has a camera (on the display side) and 3G. My Sony Ericsson phone (V600) can do video conferencing and I tried it with a colleague. It's nice to have feature not more though.

[UPDATE]One thing I forgot to mention: The phone needs a speaker or you have to wear a head-set. Otherwise you won't hear what your opponent says. That's the problem most mobile phones with video conferencing have.[/UPDATE]

8. MacFly123 macrumors 68020

iPhone 2.0 Camera App & iChat Video

What do you guys think of this idea???

It would be just like the current iPhone but also with an iSight on the front. On the top right corner is like the album art flipper where you flip from the back camera to the front camera (no more fumbling to take a pic of yourself). The camera now takes pics and records videos as you can see on the bottom left and right and each is saved to its icon on the far left or right. Pics have all the current options plus the addition of posting to Flickr. Videos are saved in a video role with videos like the pics are now in photos. Videos can also be emailed, posted on .mac web gallery, or uploaded to YouTube. Pics and videos can also be done in landscape for widescreen.

Obviously they would also add an iChat AV app for this front iSight as well, but I think it would only be one video chat at a time and probably lower quality than on our Macs for now. So this is the draft of my implementation. You guys like?

Attached Files:

9. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

how about we start with a instant messaging program for the iphone :D

10. Pookieinc macrumors member

I know! That's why I was saying that it won't happen because the camera isn't on the right side of the iPhone. It's on the back, so it wouldn't be possible. But it would definitely be sweet if they did make it this way.

11. Flying Dutchman macrumors regular

Yeah... they might come up with the absolutely revolutionary idea, which has never EVER been seen before of putting 2 (yes you're reading it right) cameras on the phone. One on the back and (drums please) one on the FRONT :)

:p

12. rylenolflu macrumors member

Google flickim.com (www.flick.im), though not a full fledged proggie, it lets you go on various instant messaging services, pretty nifty.

13. ~*allison*~ macrumors regular

LOL! :D How true!