Resolved iPhone iCloud Activation Lock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlphaPoppy, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaPoppy macrumors member

Hello I just purchased a iPhone 6S from Craigslist and it is locked on iCloud activation. The seller told me he didn't know that this were the case (of course he's lying). Is there any LEGIT service or way I can use to unlock the iPhone for use?

The message says "This iPhone is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this iPhone. (k******@ gmail.com)"
    Thanks everyone

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…there are people who own legitimate locksmithing tools but who aren't actually locksmiths.

So, legit in that way is what you mean?

Because if what you actually mean is "Is there a legitimate way to break an anti-theft mechanism?" then yes, there is one way. Find the Apple ID and the password.

Easy.

3. AlphaPoppy thread starter macrumors member

I heard of some services who claim they can unlock it (iPhoneIMEI.net, officialiphoneunlock.co.uk) but people have claimed these to be scams..

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Think of what you are asking.

You are asking if there is a legitimate service that provides a method to unethically break a mechanism designed to prevent theft.

You see no problem with this?

5. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

I think they are both the same--and yes scams. You can't remove the activation lock. Not even carriers. If you were to turn your iPhone in for an upgrade one of the things the carriers (or retailers) absolutely require is that find my iphone is turned off.

Mike

6. zone23 macrumors 68000

You could use the company the FBI used.. seriously think about it, if they FBI couldn't get the iPhone unlocked do you really think one of these websites can?

7. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

I would inform the seller that you are turning the matter over to the police, along with their (the Craigslist seller's) contact information.

Mike

8. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

i smell ********...

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Op, you purchased a iPhone brick. There is no legal (Apple approved) way of bypassing the iCloud lock. And talking about such is against the rules. You are the victim of a scam.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You are out of luck.
    Return the phone and get your money back from the seller. or contact the police cause you might be in possession of stolen property.

11. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

I don't see the problem. Just email k******@ gmail.com and ask them for their password. Geesh.

12. macmann81 macrumors member

macmann81

Apple will only remove the activation lock if you can provide original proof of purchase. Sorry about your luck that sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.