iPhone icon missing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bill-646, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Bill-646 macrumors newbie

My 7 year old was playing with my phone and somehow deleted some icons from my phone, or maybe he deleted the actual apps.

There is now no phone icon listed along the bottom. There is no iPod icon. It only has Safari icon. Also, the calendar icon is missing.

Can anyone tell me how to to get these icons back?

I'm not sure if it's just the icons that are gone, or if the applications have been deleted.

I know this is not supposed to be possible. I have no idea what a 7 year old could have done while I wasn't watching.

I did the jail break a year ago, and the phone has been working fine, just as a phone, without a data plan, since I didn't want to spend the extra $15 to $60 monthly.

I can't even use my iPhone to make a phone call at all right now. It works as an alarm clock and a camera.

I don't believe restrictions is turned on.

What can I do to get the use of a phone back, on my iPhone? It's 3 GS.

Thank you,
    Bill

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Have you tried respringing the phone? If you have any folders on your iPhone, might wanna check in those to see if your kid moved the icons into them by accident.

3. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

If you use Springtomize, go to its Settings>Capabilities and recheck the boxes for iPod and Telephony.

SBSetting also has a hide feature. Go in there as well.

And no, it would be impossible to delete those apps without going into the phone via SSH and deleting the actual files.

I have a 7-year-old. He is allowed to watch movies and play games on my phone. He is not allowed to play with it. Set boundaries.

4. Bill-646 thread starter macrumors newbie

Respring?

Thanks for your response. To "respring," I need to download an app and run it, right? I'm not that familiar with the jargon. I followed the instructions, and did the unlock, a year ago, and it worked so well, I never needed to do anything else with it, I just used it.

I can't find any folders, so I don't think I have any.

I don't think I use Springtomize, I can't find it on my phone.
    I must not use SBSettings, I can't find it, either

My computer is a Mac, but when I tried the unlock program, it wouldn't run on my G4 Mac, so I think I had to do it on a Windows computer at work.

Thank you,
    Bill

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Just reboot by holding the power and home buttons until the apple logo comes up.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just power it off (hold sleep/wake button for 5 seconds and slide to power off). Wait about 10-15 seconds and then turn your phone back on. If all is good, your phone icon should re-appear somewhere on your phone.

7. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Go to SBSettings, More, then Hide Icons. Make sure none of them is off.

8. Bill-646 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your responses.

I have powered off my iPhone and it comes back on with the same icons, with phone and calender missing.

I can't find SBSettings. Is that a program that is supposed to be on my iPhone?

I guess I'll have to figure out how to re-install.

Bill

9. IrishVixen, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No solutions here, just some additional thoughts on triage.

I'm assuming that you've used Spotlight to see if the apps are in fact on your phone? I just checked, and both Phone and Calendar will appear in Spotlight via a search, even if hidden in folders or on distant springboards.

Assuming Contacts is still visible, as a temp solution, you should be able to place a call from there simply by clicking on someone's number. If that doesn't work, then I'd suspect that impossible or not, the phone app really is gone or somehow inaccessible, not just hidden away.

As for Springtomize and SBSettings, you can confirm the presence of either by checking under Manage in the Cydia app that should be on your phone. Under Manage, all packages currently on your phone will show in alphabetical order. It'd be hard to get either without being aware of it, but just to confirm...

I just can't see how they could truly vanish, but software does odd things sometimes.

Edit: another tip I wouldn't've thought of, from Google: http://www.scotiasystems.com/blog/it-hints-and-tips/missing-a-phone-icon-on-your-iphone-home-screen/

10. robg73 macrumors newbie

sounds like you have sbs settings installed through cydia-access sbs(usually swipe from top bottom or sides-go to hide icons and untick the relevant apps,this was the fix for me,hope it helps!