iPhone idiot here needs big time HELP!!! Please!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apple41876, Aug 13, 2011.

1. apple41876 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone....anyone!!!!
    I'm a newbie here my name is Chrissy and I have my iPhone 3G that went into recovery mode immediately after trying to do a 'soft restore' (when you hold down the home button and the power button at the same time) :cool: I can only get the screen that shows the plug and the iTunes logo.....I have tried tinyumbrella, redsnow, and a couple others to no avail. My phone has never been jailbroken or anything. I have a TON of media on there that I REALLY DONT'T want to lose (my kids and everything) I know I should've synced the media onto my iTunes but I didn't.... my bad :eek:( But I am DESPERATE for someone to help me find a way to recover my phone and/or at least get the media off of it and then I will do a complete restore. Is there ANYONE out there that can help me? I am kinda a computer idiot anymore too so all this stuff I am reading about, create a new ispw or whatever.....yea I have NO CLUE what people are talking about so if anyone DOES have any advice could you PLEASE put it into laymans terms so that I child could follow the directions cause I need step by step instructions :rolleyes:. I AM BEGGING SOMEONE TO HELP ME!!!!!! I would even be open to talking over the phone with someone that could walk me through the process completely if I need to. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

That sucks. Unfortunately I think (could be wrong) the reason it is in the state it is in, is because the data has already been wiped.

You could try to see if any of the data is on there using a program called DiskAid, but if that doesn't work your only options are to restore and hope iTunes made a backup at some point automatically, or take it to some data recovery place.