iPhone ignores auto lock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seble, Jan 13, 2013.

1. seble macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4 is set to auto lock after one minute, but I'm often finding that it doesn't lock itself at all now.
    When I'm done using it I always leave it n the home screen to lock itself but returning after 5 minutes it's still awake, and I know no one uses my phone as it happens even if it's right next to me n my desk.

Anybody know why?

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Maybe you brushed against it? Have you tried setting a different time?

3. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

definitely haven't, it has happened on more then a few occasions even timing it. I did change it, but didn't seem to make a difference

4. liteshow macrumors regular

Do you have assistive touch on? If you do then that's a known bug. If the assistive touch button is touched, auto Iock will not work. Just make sure the last thing you touch on the screen is not the assistive touch button.

5. seble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ahhh damn thanks dude, yeah I do, both my home button and lock buttons don't function properly, so I have it enabled. Thanks, was about to restore my settings!

6. liteshow macrumors regular

Yeah since the bug came out in IOS 6.0, I've been "training" myself to use the assistive touch to lock the device ( I.e Assistive touch button -> Device -> Lock Screen). It's a couple more steps but has become a habit so I am used to it. Hopefully this bug will be addressed in the next update.

7. Joypebble macrumors newbie

Didn't fix the "no sleep" malfunction in the Auto Lock issue for me. The assistive touch button was off.