iPhone Impossible to Find at Launch!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JIannacone, Sep 11, 2014.

1. JIannacone macrumors member

Check this article from BGR

http://bgr.com/2014/09/11/iphone-6-sales-goal-digi/

Think this is serious or just blowing smoke?

I mean last year you couldn't even preorder a 5s, so why allow preorder if there wasn't a good number of units already built??

2. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

People are really worrying about this...its a phone. First world problems, if I have ever seen one.

Just order at 3 am...and you will get it rather soon. This type of hype/shortage is predicted every year. It does happen, but usually its the people who wait on ordering the phone that have trouble getting it in a timely manner.

3. lysola macrumors member

Why do it? Hype. Supply/demand. Create a stir. Drum up excitement and exclusivity for something that wouldn't gain as much frenzy if they released a crap-ton right at launch and then everyone had them. It's all about public perception and only manufacturing "some" more than "all" at first has always worked for Apple with the iPhone. Works for a ton of other products too.

4. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

It's times like this where I see people fretting over when or how soon they can get a telephone that I wonder.. what IF we cared as much about each other or those in need as we do about how fast we can get an iPhone 6 at launch? The world would probably be a fantastic place to live.

5. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Build the hype. If only 10M units were expected to ship in September, like the article claims, why would Apple be doing pre-orders? There was rumors last year that there would be a shortage and there were no pre-orders last year...