iPhone In Canada Before Summer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slimjim247, Apr 26, 2008.

1. slimjim247 macrumors member

slimjim247

2. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

It looks good but dont hold your breath. It would be interesting to see what happens in June. It would not surprise me to hear some sort of word from Apple in late May.;) I have had zero problems with my unlocked iPhones.But I will buy a Canada iPhone when (if) it comes here!

3. Surely Guest

Surely

For the past year, there have been so many reports and rumors and inside sources and articles and speculation and news reports and quotes from Rogers Sales Reps and.......

Unfortunately, all of this is just noise until Rogers and Apple (more Rogers than Apple) get their acts together on this.

Hope on my fellow Canadians- I hope it turns out true.

4. igglepuff macrumors regular

yea, there's been so may rumors/fake/'confirmed' junk for a year now on it.. They still have ridiculously overpriced data (don't evne bring up teh *unlimited 7$ on device browsing* since its only on some branded, wap, phones. yes it works but they can start to monitor it any seccond and people will ahve nice bills :D)... i also do not see htem launching before june, at all. it would be pretty dumb unless it was a pre-order thing for the 3g iphone when it comes out sometime this summer.

hopefully it's true so they'll have proper iphone plans/reasonable data prices, if so ill gladly sell my iphone, pick up a rogers one, unlock it and go form there but i', not holding my breath... the rumors are about as useful as rogers CSRs, heh. ;P

5. wirelessbob macrumors newbie

And IF it comes rogers will jack the price and ask for your first born. I'm running and unlocked iphone with 1.1.4 on it but how could someone afford to pay for data on rogers system. I just use the wifi.

6. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I just bought a Touch yesterday. I will sell it and buy an iPhone in a heart beat if it is released in Canada but ONLY if they include an affordable data plan. If not, I will continue to use my old Nokia phone and the Touch (I really do hate carrying 2 devices though :mad: )

I'll hold my breath, keep my fingers crossed (and eyes and toes ... lol)

Cheers.
    :apple::)

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

iPhone is useless without data tariff (GG maps,stocks,weather,utube).... wireless bob u are very disciplined if you can use wifi only.