Iphone In Canada?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgtboy, Mar 26, 2008.

?

Will the Iphone Come to Canada this year?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. sgtboy macrumors 6502

Well I'm up here in Canada, and really itching for an Iphone... Does anybody think that Apple will bring the Iphone to Canada? There's a lot of people that would buy it for sure :)

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

When apple releases a G5 Powerbook

then the iPhone will come to Canada

if you dont understand that...it means never

so go buy one in the usa and unlock...now you have one in canada

(this is has been asked 10x times...search)

3. sgtboy thread starter macrumors 6502

4. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well its not apple its really your service providers up there, blame them really so ya just buy one in america and unlock it, now its extremely simple

5. Bokser Guest

Well, it is not just unlocking.

What about on constantly either missing out on firmware upgrades or trying to find new ways to unlock?
    What about the internet browsing plans through Rogers...They have 5MB for 5$...isn't it absurd?!

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm crossing my fingers...

for our Northern Neighbors! :p

7. Brandonnn macrumors member

Brandonnn

take it with a grain of salt..

Hi guys

I spoke to one of the roger dealers yesterday. He told me that they are getting the iphones in august, he said that he had seen the promotional ads for it already. I will ask my brother in law whom works for rogers havent gotten around yet. An interesting note though when i did see him and my sister for easter weekend he had mentioned to me that telus has been secretly working towards changing over to GSM for the last few years without anyone suspecting. He says telus has been losing alot of clients because beter harware phones available to other networks. That kinda made me mad because i actualy thoguht telus had beter clear reception...i switched to rogers cause of posibilty of the iphone or just simply beter phone options. Anyways I guess will know soon enough...

8. Surely Guest

Surely

That comment isn't even worth a grain of salt.

Rogers dealers don't know feces. C'mon man.

My brother's roommate's cousin's paperboy told me that the iPhone will be in Canada on April 1st. :rolleyes:

9. Draddy macrumors regular

+1

10. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Why wait??? I love my iPhone!!!!!! Here in Edmonton.I have had it since sept 07 and it has been flawless!!! Just be careful when syncing with iTunes!! Having said that I do hope we get it soon! I will be first in line to buy a Canadian iPhone and give my unlocked iPhone to my kid or sell it....but why suffer till it gets here. Best purchase I have ever made!!!!;):D