Iphone in Denmark

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mooyer, Sep 27, 2010.

1. mooyer macrumors newbie

Could anyone enlighten me on the Danish Networks for the iPhone??

I am living here for a couple of months from the UK and need a PAYG SIM for Data and calls while over here.

Do the Danish networks do a iPhone sim card or SIM only deals??

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

If the iPhone is unlocked you can use it on any network you desire.

Any specifics you need help with?

3. caero macrumors newbie

I would say the choice of network very much depends on where you're staying.

4. mooyer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply,

Just need something to use for data over here for a few months. I know in the UK you can get 30 day SIM only deals specifically for the iPhone for data and calls. Just don't know whats available over here without a contract and my danish isn't the best to understand the websites :eek:

Would mostly be for data tbh.

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Ok, I can maybe fill in the blanks.

The fastest 3G network in Denmark is Hi3g (www.3.dk) but a smaller carrier, OiSTER uses their network and offers free SMS and data (1 Mbit download) for only 69 DKR (~£8) a month. This is without a contract but you pay the monthly fee of 69 DKR but can stop it at any time.

6. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

I'd like to know this as well. When I was over in Europe I just did the $25 roaming chage from ATT.. It's expensive but I could be on any network. And I only used deta for maps and Wifi everywhere else.

7. brianalex242 macrumors newbie

Hello there. I have a friend who lives in Denmark and has an iphone with a Danish contract or Danish carrier. She has said that European internet is funny and that if she used her internet on her phone in Bosnia, where she is vacationing, she will be charged like $20 each time she connects to the internet. I was wondering about if I sent a text to her. Would she be charged for receiving the text? What about if I called her directly? Is that a separate charge? Thank you for any help you may have on this subject.