iPhone in Egypt...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tommoran, Sep 10, 2007.

1. tommoran macrumors member

I own a perfectly functioning iPhone, activated and working on ATT with no probs.:)

I will be moving in October to Cairo, Egypt.:)

Can anyone provide me with information on whether the system in Egypt (www.mobinil.com), will support a hacked iPhone?:confused:

And, what is the consensus on the best tool to open up the service from ATT to another carrier?:confused:

Many thanks!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

http://www.mobinil.com/support/usingyourphone.aspx

Mobinil should work, it's GSM. You'll have to unlock your iPhone using a method that escapes me at the moment. there should be tons of threads about it this week though, since the software is being released to retailers this week.

3. Abdo macrumors newbie

ya waallaaaa!!!!! hahahah. I'm Egyptian. Thats cool man. As long as you have the phone unlocked, you shouldnt have any problems using MobileNil or Vodafone. Either one should work!

4. moes6780 macrumors newbie

I think so

yo i think it will work if it is unlocked and jailbroken. it will work on mobinil if it is. If it doest contact me at any time when u get to egypt at 0141001131 and ill do it for u. Just 1 Q: y the hell r u cumin to this ****** country? if its a visit thats cool but if ur cumin to stay take it from me dont