iPhone in Europe : App recommendations

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rasher, Nov 12, 2009.

1. rasher macrumors newbie

So I'm headed to Europe next Saturday and will be going to Paris, Bruge, and the Netherlands. I'm looking for some good travel recommendations on applications I can use over there.

So far I've found and/or purchased the following good ones:

London Tube
    Metro Paris
    AppBox Pro
    Louvre Free

Any other suggestions?

2. yawa macrumors member

the trainline - if you're planning on using trains in the UK outside of London.

3. jhanlon macrumors member

Searchme worked well for me in France during a three month stay this summer. TripIt works well for keeping track of your reservations and travel plans.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

DOnt forget you could stock up on pdf travel guides to read, battery poack perhaps, charger adapter, maybe a rough guide style app? Some games for downtime - If you've got a Europe coverage offline map app, you could use that for non-roaming charged navigation. Wikitude - does that cover europe? / Layar?

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Here is a fun article on traveling with an iPhone. It has some app suggestions.

6. rasher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all.

One thing I've discovered you can do is use AirSharing to load pdfs, jpg maps, guides, etc onto here and use them offline. Between that, games, and wifi capabilities, this is the ultimate travel tool.