iphone in europe??!??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by luckyhot, Dec 10, 2007.

1. luckyhot macrumors newbie

luckyhot

i really want an Iphone but i cant use it cause there isn't any company that the Iphone works with here in Denmark...
    when do apple start market the phones here in Europe? if anyone knows plz tell, cause the new Iphone sounds great... :confused:

2. MT37 macrumors regular

MT37

I know it's in the UK, Germany, and France, but other countries I don't know. Apple.com should help you out there.

3. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

if you really really want it you could always purchase an unlocked iPhone. :/

4. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

I'm confused as to why you say that the iphone will not work with any company in Denmark.

The iPhone is not sold in Belgium, yet I'm using my unlocked iphone here without any problem.

5. luckyhot thread starter macrumors newbie

luckyhot

well there isn't any company that can support the iphone...
    like when you put the usim card in it cant ve read on the iphone... :(

6. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

You can always import an iphone from the states via one or other website, this is what I did. Perhaps you can even now from the uk or via ebay should work as well.

I bought mine locked at firmware 1.1.1 and unlocked it myself but for a hundred dollars extra or so you can buy one unlocked and ready for use.

So you just need to pop the sim card in there when it arrives and you can start phoning !

(rereads text... I sound like a commercial !)

Visual voicemail won't work, but as I've never used it I am not missing it. SMS works, not MMS. Edge Data connecion works fine for me.

As for when it arrives in Europe/Denmark, which was your original question, Politiken.Dk says in 2008... but that was written in July 2007 it seems.

I think you have a choice - either import an unlocked one from elsewhere or wait till mid-2008 at least...:(

7. luckyhot thread starter macrumors newbie

luckyhot

thx. i mat try that xD

btw yah it sounds like a commercial xD :D