iPhone in France: Slightly confused

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toksuede, Jul 11, 2008.

1. toksuede macrumors newbie

Perhaps there are people out there who may be able to shed some light to this iPhone thing, but in France.

I have a contract with orange at this moment and the contract with them will expire at the end of August. I want to get the 3G iPhone, cuddle it as much as I can, and start a life with no buttons.

Here are things I am confused about and hopefully someone will help me out (or I should really study my French a bit more):

1. If I want to upgrade my existing phone (not an iPhone) to the 3G iPhone with my existing contract, will it cost me the same amount as getting a new contract? ie 200 Euros for the 16GB version. I read it somewhere that you have to pay an extra 50 Euros if you want to re-up your contract and get the iPhone (which I think is rather rubbish). And on top of that it's a 24 months contract. You also apparently need 2400 "points de fidelite", which I do have.

2. I would rather have a 12 months contract which will cost me 4.50 Euros per month extra. Now, can I do that when I upgrade my phone to iPhone 3G or does this only apply to "new customers"?

Don't understand why, an honest orange customer like myself will have to pay more to get the 3G iPhone and be stuck with a 24 months contract...

Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

From the utterly confused.

2. 645ci macrumors member

are france even doing the pre paid option with this phone ?

3. toksuede thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I know, the answer is "yes". But it's not unlocked and it's expensive.