iPhone in Malta - so dissapointing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steveca, Nov 12, 2008.

1. steveca macrumors 6502

Please correct me if I am wrong...

Malta is the only country in the world where the iPhone is sold but no iTunes store is available. so basically one of the greatest features is rendered useless (or nonexistent)

Is there any way to get at least the free applications? Thanks

2. Dean20 macrumors newbie

It's not so bad. They are't selling iPhone in our country, but we have AppStore anyway.:mad:

3. Cask Guest

Steveca,

You can create an iTunes account valid from the US store and download free apps at least. Go into iTunes, switch to the US Store and try to get any free song or Video or something. Then, it will ask you to create an account. Under Payment type, select none. You then need to input a valid U.S. address with a valid Zip Code (just google one, I used an hotel I stayed a while ago). You must type a valid email address also. Then complete registration and you're ready to download! Also, you can buy iTunes gift cards and buy paid content (in Mexico, there's an ebay like site that sells 100 USD cards for the equivalent of 85 USD, so it is a good deal). I use that account all the time and get TV shows, movies, apps, etc. Much better than the Mexican store that only has apps.

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I'm from Nicaragua, two different carriers sell the Iphone, and we don't have an app store yet. I just created one with an address from the US and buy Itunes Gift Cards

5. steveca thread starter macrumors 6502

made it!!!

thanks everyone :) just did that and now much happier with my iPhone :) thanks again [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. karmdebi macrumors newbie

thanks

I thank you for this information. I am from malta and I managed to register to itunes store following your instructions. Thanks

7. hello1234 macrumors newbie

I am from Malta and cannot access the iTunes Store from iTunes. Can there be another way to get to the iTUnes Store?:confused::confused::(

8. christ4404 macrumors newbie

Itunes store in Malta

Now open Malta itunes store and can buy iphone apps from it. You want to look the Country "Republic of Malta" in the Itunes store country.

9. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

What Country are you from? because I have the same issue!! I'm from Lebanon! and the AppStore has been available for over 3 months now, but no iPhone! is that even logical??!

10. igm4ever macrumors newbie

itunes store

I still would like when it will be fully available, for music and videos and maybe even for apple tv!

willit ever be available in Malta? thats what's keeping me form getting an ipod!

11. loicha macrumors newbie

malta itunes gift cards

Hello, i'm from Malaysia
    I'm looking for this album
    https://itunes.apple.com/mt/album/anuar-zain-platinum-edition/id251740446
    its only avalaible in Malta itunes..
    I already have malta itunes account, but i dont know where to buy malta itunes gift cards.
    Can you guys help me?
    Can someone buy for me i will pay for you guys.
    Please help me...

12. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Back before India got the iPhone, I made a burner iTunes account for my cousins who had iOS devices. Always worked fine.