Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Malta
Please correct me if I am wrong...

Malta is the only country in the world where the iPhone is sold but no iTunes store is available. so basically one of the greatest features is rendered useless (or nonexistent)

Is there any way to get at least the free applications? Thanks

Dean20

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
It's not so bad. They are't selling iPhone in our country, but we have AppStore anyway.:mad:

Cask

Jul 14, 2008
Steveca,

You can create an iTunes account valid from the US store and download free apps at least. Go into iTunes, switch to the US Store and try to get any free song or Video or something. Then, it will ask you to create an account. Under Payment type, select none. You then need to input a valid U.S. address with a valid Zip Code (just google one, I used an hotel I stayed a while ago). You must type a valid email address also. Then complete registration and you're ready to download! Also, you can buy iTunes gift cards and buy paid content (in Mexico, there's an ebay like site that sells 100 USD cards for the equivalent of 85 USD, so it is a good deal). I use that account all the time and get TV shows, movies, apps, etc. Much better than the Mexican store that only has apps.

sergiuria

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Near a bunch of T-Rex
I'm from Nicaragua, two different carriers sell the Iphone, and we don't have an app store yet. I just created one with an address from the US and buy Itunes Gift Cards

steveca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
Malta
made it!!!

thanks everyone :) just did that and now much happier with my iPhone :) thanks again
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

karmdebi

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
thanks

I thank you for this information. I am from malta and I managed to register to itunes store following your instructions. Thanks

hello1234

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
I am from Malta and cannot access the iTunes Store from iTunes. Can there be another way to get to the iTUnes Store?:confused::confused::(

igm4ever

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
itunes store

I still would like when it will be fully available, for music and videos and maybe even for apple tv!

willit ever be available in Malta? thats what's keeping me form getting an ipod!

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Back before India got the iPhone, I made a burner iTunes account for my cousins who had iOS devices. Always worked fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.