iPhone in November?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamvk, Aug 20, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So my upgrade is in November, and I really need a new phone. I was looking at the iPhone 3GS, but is getting in November dumb? Do you think there will be a new one in the summer of 2010? Any tips, advice, etc?

Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No one knows. Some think that there should be as that would be a year from the 3GS but again ... no one knows.
    If you need/want now, buy.

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

It's definitely not a dumb purchase. The iPhone, no matter which model, is still, by far, the most advanced smartphone on the market. There will probably be a new one in the summer, but no word for sure. I still love my 3G, even with the 3GS having been released. It's better to get the iPhone instead of some other phone and regret it. ;)

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't see how buying an iPhone 7-8 months from when a new one may or may not be released could be considered dumb.

It's a great device..... you'll enjoy it more if you actually have one.

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok I'll go with it then :)

Thanks.

Also, what color do you think looks better? I was thinking the 32GB 3GS in white, but I'm not sure if that whole heat issue with the white ones has been resolved yet.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Apparently the discolouration ended up being from some cases that people were using, with the dye temporarily 'sticking' to the iPhone (which would obviously be more pronounced on the white one), rather then heat. Plus the white model doesn't feature any hardware that's different to the black one, so it wouldn't overheat just because it happens to have a white backplate :p

Personally I prefer the black, it looks a lot more streamlined with the black on the front of the device, and it's contrast with the silver bezel, volume buttons and the logo on the back looks wonderful. To me, the white looks a bit out of place (I don't like too many colours, having just two looks great), but a massive pro is that scratches aren't really noticeable. On my black one, the few scratches I got really stand out at times.

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

The new scratches thing is definitely a big pro. The other thing is basically everyone gets the black iPhone, so the white one just seems like something "different" to me which I like.