iPhone in Recovery Mode Loop (White Screen) after accidently updating iOS from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevin95, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Kevin95, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

Kevin95 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3GS won't start up now cuz after I plugged it in and went on iTunes, I accidently hit the update button without even realizing and switched to my browser, then I saw that my iPhone was rebooting and I looked at iTunes and realized it was updating and I quickly unplugged my iPhone after it was at the iPhone logo with the loading bar loading at about 75%. After that, an error message popped up saying my iPhone is in recovery mode and I have to restore it to use it in iTunes. I didn't want to do that cuz I didn't want to lose all my stuff but after hours of trying to fix it I had enough, so I tried to restore it, But... An error message popped up saying it couldn't be restored or something. (Error message 3194). Please help! Plus, is there a solution that doesn't involve erasing all the data in my phone? If so, please show me that solution first and if nothing works, then just show me how I can fully restore it so I can at least use it again.

My iPhone 3GS won't start up now cuz after I plugged it in and went on iTunes, I accidently hit the update button without even realizing and switched to my browser, then I saw that my iPhone was rebooting and I looked at iTunes and realized it was updating and I quickly unplugged my iPhone after it was at the iPhone logo with the loading bar loading at about 75%. After that, an error message popped up saying my iPhone is in recovery mode and I have to restore it to use it in iTunes. I didn't want to do that cuz I didn't want to lose all my stuff but after hours of trying to fix it I had enough, so I tried to restore it, But... An error message popped up saying it couldn't be restored or something. (Error message 3194). Please help! Plus, is there a solution that doesn't involve erasing all the data in my phone? If so, please show me that solution first and if nothing works, then just show me how I can fully restore it so I can at least use it again.

Solutions I already tried:

Put in DFU Mode and restore.
    Kick out of recovery mode with TinyUmbrella.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The data on your iPhone is already gone. The only thing you can do now is to put it into DFU mode (Google it) and restore it.

3. Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aw, alright. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

What firmware should I use to restore it with?

I'm using an iPhone 3GS btw.

5. Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried to restore it in DFU mode but I still get an 3194 error message :(

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That's because you are trying to restore your iPhone to a firmware that doesn't have SHSH blobs for it. Either restore to 4.3.2 or use TinyUmbrella.

7. Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did restore it with 4.3.2

8. objectivecause macrumors regular

objectivecause

9. Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

What do I do with Tinyumbrella?

I tried kicking out of Recovery mode but it goes back into recovery mode after.

10. Kevin95, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011

Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. Kevin95 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can someone please help me with this problem?

12. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

found this, your mileage may vary. use at your own risk. offer not valid in utah and maine.