iPhone in school

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Does anyone thats still at school take their iPhone to school with them?.
    I took mine today and i tried to keep it disguised, however, people soon realized i had one after making a call and everyone started asking me to show them it.

Now i'm thinking i need to buy a cheap phone to take to school as i'm sure theres some people that would like a nice iPhone in my school. Its a shame. :(

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

welcome to the united states for the passed 2 months.

3. alexdudman macrumors member

I took my brand new iphone to school today too. Everyone was like omg let me touch it LOL. I'm going to take my old Sony Ericsson tomorow to avoid a pupil mugging LOL

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

i got ambushed at a burger king service station on the side of a highway once

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

nice edit there.

6. rayward macrumors 68000

I have had my iPhone since day 1 in the U.S. That's four and a half months, and I still get asked about it often.

7. cjmal macrumors 6502

I was in an elevator once looking up some information on safari, and out of the corner of my eye I saw two little girls (about 11 or 12) pointing and talking, so I looked over and she's like "you have an iphone?!". I thought that was pretty funny.

8. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think i'm going to do the same, except i need to find one of my old phones.

9. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

I am posting this from school. I have been hiding it all day lol. Interestingly I have found that reception is greatly reduced from my n95, and even though Cambridge where I am was listed numerous times in the edge upgrade list I have yet to pick up a connection. Anybody else found they have less reception?

10. crunkcrumpet macrumors member

I've been taking my to school from the beginning of September, and apart from people asking loads of questions or wanting to have a go at it, no one really bothers. I suppose it helps that people in lower school aren't around me to see it.. :)

11. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I don't think I can recall any product that has drawn as much public curiosity as an iPhone.

a bit off topic but I would love to see a scene like this in a comedy:

scene: busy bank
    bank robber with black ski mask walks into bank demands money at gunpoint, threatens everyone to hit the floor! and keep your heads down!.

robber approaches teller at gun point and begins screaming at her to move fast!,:mad: fill the bag with money now!! and ....then suddenly pauses....... as he notices she has an iPhone in front of her. robber takes off the mask and says "is that an iPhone? do you mind if take a look?"

12. samuraikiss macrumors regular

That's hilarious! I was drinking Coke, and some came out my nose I was laughing so hard.

You could always look for work as a comedy writer if your current job doesn't work out. With the current strike, it shouldn't be that difficult.

13. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

sounds like a SNL skit to me

14. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

:D

15. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I've been taking my iPhone for 2 months now since I got an unlocked one :D