iPhone in Spain on Movistar... any sign yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Twyntub, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Twyntub macrumors member

Since Friday, I have been trying various Movistar outlets over the Costa Blanca - and no luck. Despite being listed on the Movistar website as selling iPhones, few staff appear to know when the iPhone will arrive (one advised me 'possibly this coming week'), goodness knows how the activation will work if they are all this clueless!!

Out of ten stores I checked, the closest I found was the new ECI in Elche, which has a crumpled poster of an iPhone and a dented wooden stand which proudly proclaims that the iPhone is 'available already' - despite there being no actual display model yet and staff say 'mañana'.

Aside from that - no evidence of any iPhones as of Monday 14th, no point of sale equipment, and few knowledgable staff despite all of these stores being listed on the Movistar/iPhone 'microsite'!!!

So, come on Steve, please give Spain a call and ask them politely if they are going to actually bother to launch the product some time this year????

2. antielectrons macrumors newbie

None here in Mojacar, Almeria either. The iPhone launch in spain has been a total disaster. Some say just 3000 units were provided by Apple for the launch.

Movistar called me today and said no white iPhone 3g until the Autumn in Spain :mad: