iPhone in the Car

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zanzibar321, Jan 5, 2009.

1. zanzibar321 macrumors newbie

What is the best way to hook my iPhone up to the stereo in my car. I had a system that had a direct input thing and that was great but I don't have it anymore, so I have been using an FM transmitter, and it's driving me crazy because it is low quality and has static often. What is the best (and/or most cheap) way to do this. I have a cassette deck if that input is viable. Thanks.

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

you could get a tape adapter thing but that will be of similar poor quality to your fm transmitter. or buy a new head unit with a direct in.

3. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

The cassette tape adapter is probalby the best combo of price/quality there is also a device a step up from an FM transmitter that goes in between your car's antenna cable and your head unit. It's still over FM but its more or less 'plugged directly in' which would eliminate most static.

The best (expensive) route is a cheap-ish head unit with either iPod adapter or AUX IN

4. mpshay macrumors 6502

I'd go the casset adapter if you do not want to replace your current head unit

5. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

Right. It's the most expensive option, and by far the best. It probably wouldn't cost that much more than a fancy adapter, since after you install the new stereo head unit, all you'll need is a double-headed audio cable (about $6).