iPhone IN the UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joelw87, Oct 20, 2007.

1. joelw87 macrumors member

i was at work today, and a customer came in with a iPhone...

so here it is, the reason he came in is because he could not find any headphones to fit it... other than ipod headphones... because the socket is sunk in to the body a fair bit....

but, the iphone looks sweet, its alot smaller than it looks in the photos. cos i think it looks WIDE in the photos, but its not....

i was impressed.

2. danielforman macrumors regular

Yeah the headphone jack is a bit of a disadvantage for some people as there normal headphones wont fit but there are adaptors out there and also on the Apple site that you can get so that you can use any heaphones apart from the Apple ones. Probably just another way for Apple to get a bit more money from accessories:D

I have not seen one personally in all its glory just from images and videos on the net. I am dying to get my hands on one. Supposed to be going to sheffield about nov 1 so am going to pop in to the Apple store and have a go with the touch to see what its like to get a feel what the iPhone will be like and I also want to have a go on the iMacs as thinking of getting one.

But I am looking forward to getting an iPhone on nov 9. I am all saved up, only 20 days to go :D

3. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i found that too but i have ear phones which came with the iphone jus hookin it up to my car is a problem since i have to take my dock connector with me and then hook the wire to that but ah well

4. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

You can get an adapter for the earphone socket. Griffin sell one.

5. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

As mentioned above

That adaptor won either Editor's Choice or just was mentioned as their favourite adaptor on cnet.com, so I guess it's a good'un.

Weird how they changed it for the touch, though.

6. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I have been told the recessed socket is for the audio in, but I'm not buying that...

7. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I was watching the mac keynote the other night(for the 100th time very sad i know)and when Steve Jobs was talking about the headphone socket he said all your ipod headphones would fit. Liar..................

8. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

I was in the new Lakeside Apple Store today and one of the assistants was telling a customer just how amazing the phone is going to be. I was just far to shy to get mine out and play with it :D

9. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

lol ive been flashing mine at work!! i work at 3!

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Technically he didn't lie..its was brilliant wordplay. All current iPod headphones (Headphones shipping with iPods) will work

11. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I know exactly what you mean

12. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

I was in a carphone warehouse, and went in just to show off my iPhone!! it was cool, all the employees crowded round wanting to have a grope!!

13. sananda macrumors 68020

that settles it...i'm not buying from some kind of orgy shop.

14. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I might have show mine off tomorrow at an O2 store. My excuse "Im trying to get unlimited data bolt on so i can use my internet phone properly" which is true

or at an Apple Store my excuse? the original reason....need a iPhone headphone adaptor (also true)

EDIT: Option 2 is no longer valid as i've found this.

15. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

There's always the "Do you stock any iPod cases which also fit an iPhone" excuse to wave it around in the Apple Store.

16. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Or the "I've got an iPhone and you don't" approach.
    I like the subtlety of that one :D