Iphone in the washer - is it short-circuit ? insurance ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Steennp, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Steennp macrumors newbie

Yesterday my girlfriend snapped my pants off the floor and washed them, along with my iphone :eek:

i called my insurance company today to ask if they would replace it, and they told me they would only replace it if it is short-circuited.

now it will cost me 900 danish crowner (something like 180 $) to get it "analyzed" so i would like if anyone could give a proper guess on what happened to it.

if its short circuited then fine, the insurance company will pay the 900 .. but what if it took a beating and broke due to that?

it went 45 min. in the washer if anyone finds that interesting :/
    btw: its not a 3G version, but an old 16 gb one.

i hope you can give me some advice, because id rather save the 900 if there is little chance it is short circuited..

//Steen

2. RFR79 macrumors member

Try putting your iphone in a bag and cover it with dry rice for atleast 2 days. It should pull the moisture out of the phone. I know you think im crazy but a friend of mine washed his 1gen iphone too and this worked for him. Hey, what do you have to lose?? ;) ;)

3. Juo100 macrumors regular

When my Mum washed my iPod nano I stuck it in oven at about 40c (unfortunately I dont have an oven that lets you go that low anymore)

The next day it was working perfectly, and smelt wonderful might I add.

Stick it in a warm, dry place for a few days and see if it works again.