iPhone in the year 2014 (Video)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aohus, Sep 20, 2010.

1. aohus macrumors 68000

2. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

3. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

I wish, I wish! Cool vid, I really like the mirror as a screen idea.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Weren't we suppose to have flying cars by now?

5. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

The phone design looks awesome how it can be pulled to become a tablet because of a second layer inside the band of the phone that slides.

Whats great about the design of THIS phone is the bigger screen and non intrusive borders. This is what the iPhone needs because it takes the look and design to a very modern level.

Once apple does this I will applause at such a simple redesign that is going to take it to a new level.

I understand why we have the big top and bottom borders on the iPhone so we have our fingers to rest on the screen but we don't necessarily need to rest our fingers on the side, we can deal without, just like how you see the man dealing without the borders.

When apple comes out with a redesign close to the one on the video, things will look even better for apple

6. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

The whole mirror thing is not going to happen, wait till 2025 before we see implementation of this at a decent price.

As for the computer screen, when it comes to transparent desktops. It seems nice. Thinking about it, rather than having a wallpaper the transparency in the background is the wallpaper. But there needs to be an option to turn transparency off of course some people won't like it

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

And how do you propose we construct matter from thin air? When he expands the phone he also defies every law of physics I can think of.

To be perfectly honest I'd rather be a cyborg if that sort of technology was available.:rolleyes:

8. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

it can be pulled to become a tablet because of a second layer inside the band of the phone that slides to enlarge the size of the phone

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Well, Apple said they were working on iCars for 2020. So.

As far as that vid is concerned, it's a bit on the pathetic side, smells like PC (yuck), except for the Magic Mouse and Keyboard, of course. :rolleyes:

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

I was disappointed when the year 2000 came. They always said we would have flying cars. It's 2010, where's my flying car? Lol. Maybe in 50 more years. All of that stuff in the video won't be happening in 4 years. Well, consumers won't have it then.

11. aohus thread starter macrumors 68000

did you know your macbook is a PC too ?

12. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

nice vid, bit further away than 2 years tho!

As for the mirror... in the 3 years ive had my own place I still havent got power to our backlit mirror, never mind a data feed!

13. iUserz macrumors member

I'd trust this guy. The rest of us are trying to guess what will happen in four years. He must be from the future, makes it much easier! :D

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Way too many skinny people to be the world of tomorrow.

15. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

It's a little ironic that this vision comes from a company who works with Samsung, Motorola, SonyEricsson, et al... and who likes to use Flash.

The Amazing Tribe has always had cool UI demos, which you can see on their website's showroom section.

(You need full Flash support to see their showroom. It worked great on an Incredible with Froyo.)

One of the demos is implementing Coverflow on Android in five minutes using their tools.

In this particular case, I think that TAT got a lot of inspiration from Microsoft's 2019 Future Vision films.

It'd be cool if Apple still put out visionary films and/or published their research. Was the 1987 Knowledge Navigator film the last time they did that?

16. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

LOL

Some are already complaining that the Back-Up Camera is only 3.1MP with 4.3" Screen and 500GB. I will probably hold out for the White iCar "S" with 10.1MP with 9.7" and 2TB. :cool:

17. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Neat idea, but with the end of the World coming on 12-21-2012 we may not see this :eek: