Iphone in Washington D.C. sold out??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pierino84, May 5, 2008.

1. pierino84 macrumors member

pierino84

hi!!! As an apple fan (and MacRumors daily reader), I asked a friend of mine who was about to go abroad (I'm from Italy) to buy an iPhone 16 GB for me. But no luck! He has also been in NY and the iphone was sold out everywhere. Do you have any suggestion on where to find a reliable store in Washington D.C., where I can send my buddy right away?
    He'll be in USA until Saturday 10th...
    I know you'll say that I should wait for the upcoming upgrade, but reselling the 16 GB iPhonehere in Italy will guarantee me the same amount of money I spent to buy it in USA! So why should I wait when I have no losses!
    Thanks a lot!!

2. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

The Apple Store in Bethesda still had iPhones as of yesterday. It is Metro accessible, too (about a 2 block walk from the Red Line).

3. pierino84 thread starter macrumors member

pierino84

Thanks!!

WOW rockstarjoe thanks a lot!! My friend just text messaged me that he found the iPhone in Bethesda store!!! I'm so happy!!!Thank you really a lot! If you come in Italy you'll be my guest ;-)

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I have noticed (atleast in my area) that the apple stores are sold out, but not AT&T stores. It seems that apple sold a lot to AT&T and ended up running out of iPhones themselves, but AT&T didn't.

5. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

Glad I could help and I hope you enjoy your phone! I'm waiting for the next one myself but it sure is a tough wait. I hope someday I make it to Italy... that is where my family is from, actually. :)

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

AT&T requires credit check the last time I was in there, however they seem to change policy every month or every other month.