iPhone infestation...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scallywag, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Scallywag macrumors regular

So I was on the Subway in New York last night, riding the train home after work. I've always noticed a lot of smartphones and media players of all types. But while standing up I decided that I'd count the iphones on the train. I counted....17!!!! On one train that held maybe 50-60 people...maybe!! (two that I counted may have been iPod touch's) And that's not including the people using Apple headphones but had the iphone/ipod/whatever in their pockets, so I couldn't see.

These things are officially everywhere in NYC, and I'm beginning to despise those white headphone cords dangling all aver the city.

Oh...and yes, 3G reception & speed still sucks badly in the one city with more iPhones per square mile than anywhere else on earth. Thanks AT&T...for doing nothing to fix the problem!!! And thanks Apple...for letting them do nothing!!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Why? What do you care what other people are using? Is everyone else's use of iPhones a personal affront against you?

Sorry, you're just not that important. Unless you're Bill Gates, Mike Lazardis or Jim Balsille. Then maybe I could understand your anger at the situation.

Yet somehow, it's not stopping people from buying the iPhone, is it?

3. Scallywag thread starter macrumors regular

Ah..no, there's obviously no personal front against me. The iphone is a cool product and there are a million reasons why so many people whould buy one. I'm happy for them. I wanted to share my observation.

The headphones only get to me because reception here is really bad, and seeing all the white headphone cords constantly remind me of that. It is a problem

Since when must I be Bill Gates to voice a concern? His **** may well smell worse than mine....certainly no better.

4. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

He's saying only Bill Gates, et al, might have a real reason to dislike the success of the iPhone.