iphone insurance O2 or CPW?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dog299, Jul 10, 2008.

1. dog299 macrumors regular

Ok i did try and search the forum so i am sorry if this has come up before (be kind :eek:)

But does anyone have any view/experiences of iphone insurance?

My current iphone is insured with CPW (i liked the the 'cancel the contract' clause) but its about £2-3 a month more expensive than O2

Any thoughts?

Cheers

oh got to use the new iphone last night...Very slick...and lighter than i thought! ;)

2. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Yeah, the Lifeline pack is great, I'd go for it, especially for the early contract termination feature - if a new iPhone comes out you're saved! :D

3. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah gets my vote i think! do not want to be stuck with O2 should things change etc

4. sva macrumors regular

Can I ask what exactly is the early contract termination thing, I've had a look at the website but can't make head nor tail of it.

5. applemax macrumors 65816

applemax

Not 100% sure, but I think it means after 6 months, you can terminate your contract and CPW will pay off the rest of it and all cancellation fees. But it also means you have to return your iPhone and you won't get a refund. This process is done on the in store computers quite quickly apparently.

I'd get the exact T&Cs though, I'm not completely sure!

6. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

From what i remember thats about right. I think you have to keep the box etc for the hand back. Still interesting should the O2 exclusive only be 2yrs...

7. witchdrash macrumors member

Check your house insurance first, mine covers phone replacements with a £50 excess, if you lose your handset and use O2 or CPW's insurance you are obliged to pay the remaining 18 months, and most have a limit to the number of claims you can make.

8. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

i think thats only if you want to cancel your contract. If you just want another handset CPW and O2 will cover you!

If i lost my iphone today i would have to get another handset; not another contract (CPW miss sold that notion last year...from what i remember)

9. sva macrumors regular

So if I lose my phone, or it's stolen or whatever o2 (or CPW) will simply replace it?

Sorry if I sound a bit dense, I've never had mobile insurance before.

10. Gamble macrumors member

Just talking to a colleague sva but i think you have to pay a £50 excess too

11. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

well with the usual 'conditions'...CPW ask you report the loss to O2 within 24hr and to a police station (if stolen) within 48hrs to get a crime number etc.

12. sva macrumors regular

Cool, thanks guys. Looks like a worthwhile investment.

13. badgerman macrumors 6502a

check out martins monet tips there are cheaper insurance there and O2 and CPW reviewed.

Although I am not sure how any non O2/CPW insurance actually gets hold of a new iphone should it need replacing under insurance as you cant get it without a contract.

anyone claimed on non o2/cpw for old iphone?