IPHONE Insurance Online UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceleper, Jun 24, 2009.

1. spaceleper macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm getting my new 3GS tomorrow and I know how clumsy I am. I live in England and I want to insure it.

o2 - 10.00 a month
    carphone warehouse - 12.50 a month

there are a few comapnies online such as;

www.iphoneinsurancecover.co.uk/

www.iphoneinsurance.org.uk/

www.iphoneinsurance-uk.co.uk/

However none of the websites look particuarly proffesional or legit ?

Can anybody comment on these websites? They offer insurance at half the price. Are they real websites? Do they keep their promise? Anybody have any experience of insurancing their iphone. A part of me would rather use o2 than some random internet url :)

Thank you,

Spaceleper.

2. sallythemac Guest

Just so you know, o2 insure the 16GB or 32GB for £10 pcm, CPW insure the 16GB for £12 pcm and the 32GB for £14 pcm.

I have o2's insurance, and have had experience with it. It is very good. The best thing for me is new for old - they replace damaged handsets, not repair. I Barely damaged my iPhone 3G, had a boxed replacement (with accessories) within 24 hours.

If you are going to go for online insurance, check over their policy and compare it to what o2/CPW offer. There is a lot of insurance fraud at the moment, so your best bet to check if they're safe is to find their Financial Services Authority (FSA) registration number, and verify with the FSA. If they aren't FSA regulated, don't touch them.

EDIT: All 3 links you have given say that are underwritten by Mobile Phone World Ltd. (all are the same, effectively). They state Mobile Phone World Ltd is FSA regulated, but wouldn't believe it until it is verified by the FSA. Still best to go with o2, i think. Bear in mind you can only get o2 insurance if you purchase the handset from o2.

All the best,

James

3. mojo8472 macrumors member

I got the Geek Squad insurance with CPW, turns out there's a £60 excess to pay where its only £25 for O2s insurance i believe.

4. sallythemac Guest

Correct.

It's a £50 excess on CPW's insurance for a 16GB iPhone 3G S.

£25 on o2, either model.