iPhone Insurance Questions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rcnoodle90, Oct 6, 2011.

1. rcnoodle90 macrumors newbie

My iphone got ripped out of my hands on a subway 3 months ago and Ive been rocking a gophone since...haha

I'm getting a 64gb 4S so, yea, I'm getting insurance!

Anyway i saw Sprint offers iphone insurance but its with Asurion and from what Ive read, it is a super terrible company, really hard to deal with, and most of the phones they replace are defective

Does anyone have any suggestions or reviews about iphone insurance plans?

Does anyone have any experience with Worth Ave Group? $89 is really reasonable

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. niteriderxp macrumors member

Square trade does not cover loss/theft, you might as well go for Applecare+ then.
    What I want is a reasonably priced < $100 policy that will cover the phone from loss, theft, and damage with $50 deductible.

4. evotoiphone macrumors regular

Can I get Apple Care after the fact? It was offered when I preordered through Sprint but I was in such a rush to order I didn't tick the box :(

5. rcnoodle90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone have experience with:

Worth Ave Group
    or
    Asurion?

I live in NYC and really need insurance to cover theft. its really bad on the subways!!!

6. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

7. rcnoodle90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Statefarm Doesn't offer that policy anymore. At least not for iphones, I just called.

Is Worth Ave Group good? Has anyone filed a claim with them? I get my new iPhone 4s coming so I need to figure this out!

Thanks!

8. Nick521 macrumors member

I am wondering about Worth Group also.

Applecare+ doesn't cover loss/theft, is that correct? I just hate paying for Asurion - $11/mo with Verizon + $199 deductible is a ripoff.

9. rcnoodle90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea i'm looking for theft insurance. I know worth ave group doesn't cover loss but thats fine by me.

I want to know how the claim process is. So far all the reviews I've found have been really positive about Worth Ave. Group but I haven't seen many people post about how the actual claim process was.

FYI: Applecare+ doesn't cover theft.

And almost every review of Asurion says the replacement phones don't work or quit working and they are all refurbished

10. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I placed my iPhones under home insurance policy, rider for computers. It covers smartphones and yes the iPhone. $50 for $5000 per year. Includes theft.

Cheapest way to go and covers your computer stuff too.

11. Alexs5 macrumors newbie

From what i know Sprint isn't offering insurance for the iphone.

12. cruisencode macrumors member

Also, the Worth Ave Group insurance is $89 per year. So if you plan to get a 2 year warranty it will be double.

13. Nick521 macrumors member

Worth Ave Group has a good rating with the BBB, but I am curious about the claims process also. I would only sign up for 1 year because the way Worth Ave Group works is the policy price is based on the price of a brand new iPhone. Next year when a new iPhone is out, the policy price should be cheaper for 4s. Right now, the iPhone 3G, 3Gs and 4 all have different policy prices.

14. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Not to be rude but BBB means nothing to many people. It is unreliable. It is basically a paid service from the company. They more they pay, they more it cleans up. I think CNN did an article on BBB.

I'm going with SquareTrade again. They have never failed me.

15. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

I had asurion on my iPhone 4. I lost my phone Monday night and had a replacement (brand new sealed) by Wednesday. Everything was filed online.

I will say though AT&T took over my asurion plan as of 10/04 and reduced the insurance plan from 11 to 6.99 a month.

16. rcnoodle90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well if there aren't any users of Worth Ave Group insurance and I can't get any reviews of their claims process.

Anyone have experience with Asurion? I have just heard the worst things about them online but If Worth Ave Group is a scam or something Asurion is better than nothing i guess...

Thoughts?

17. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Had Asurion through Sprint on all my phones. Got my son an Evo and he didn't even have it a month, when he waded into the ocean, with it in his pocket. He got home, went to a Sprint store, with my account info, filed the claim and had a brand new one on 2 days, for the $100 deductible.

However, it doesn't seem Sprint is offering it for the iPhone!

18. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

My brother has been through 5 HTC Thunderbolt's so far (problems with the phone not dropping/getting wet) and Asurion always sends a new one next day shipping for free.

19. iadam09 macrumors regular

Applecare doesn't cover accidental damage either. I've heard of Safeware, not sure if they are any good but give them a call as they cover loss/theft. I personally use squaretrade.

20. jaw4527 macrumors newbie