iPhone Insurance Reasonable Rates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am sure this may have been looked at before but I thought it might be of some value to those of you constantly breaking your iPhone.

http://www.worthavegroup.com/iphone-coverage-premium

The cost for my White 3GS 32GB is $79.00 per year with a $50 deductible, so figure $129 to replace it no matter what per calendar year, not bad, I just do not know how quickly they send a replacement.:rolleyes:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Usually places like this will cancel the policy once it has been used. Maybe you already knew that but some don't.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

At those prices, I am thinking the best insurance for the iPhone is common sense, paying attention to what you are doing, and treating it carefully

Most of the things I have read here have been...

I threw it down
    I dropped it in the toilet
    I jumped in the pool
    etc.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. 1999ncsu macrumors newbie

My wife likes to leave her phone on top of the car. She doesn't have an iPhone and I had insurance at one point but it was too expensive, especially with a deductible. I started putting what I was paying for insurance is a rainy day fund. It starts to add up.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

best Advice +1

put $17 a month the bank for a yea. Then you can replace your phone even if you drop it in the toilet or take it swimming from Apple at $199 of course if you don't F it up you still have $199 :D, of course theft your still sol. but again you still have money towards a new one. this is the best advice for any product instead of the extra buyer protection self insure is the best way to go on products like this. company really push there sales people to push the warrenty or insurance why because they make lots of money!

6. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

For a 3GS 32GIG all they give you is $500 - $50 deductible = $450.00

To buy a replacement (no subsidy) it's $699 + TAX = APPROX $741.00 (assuming a 6% tax).

That plus you only get 1 replacement (you have to buy the insurance again for the new phone you get if you want coverage),

So you get $450.00 and you have paid $79 so what you are REALLY getting is $371.00 for a phone that will cost you $741.00 (assuming it needs to be replaced in the first year).

Ya think that's worth it?