iPhone Insurance Suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eddiexhart, Mar 6, 2014.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

So I have the Silver 64 GB iPhone 5S with Att.
    Last night, after doing much research and reviews, I cancelled my plan with Protect Your Bubble. If you need a reason, google their reviews.
    Well now I'm stuck, what insurance should I get?
    I know Att offers it but they don't guarantee replacing with the same phone.
    Does anyone have suggestions? Feedback?

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I've been very happy with Squaretrade, I think their deductible is $100 now though which is less of a bargain, mine for my iPhone 5 is only $50.

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

In most cases it would be better to just put $10 every month in a shoebox. By the time your phone breaks (which might be never) you might have enough or nearly enough for a new phone and even one of a newer model. Money for electronics insurance is gone forever and they make you jump through hoops just to get a refurbished unit.

4. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Some ppl like me need protection for lost or stolen beside breakage, I also have protect your bubble, haven't need to use their service yet so I'm not sure how reliable they are. But if someone have a better insurance service, please let us know

5. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Many credit cards offer lost/stolen protection. If you own your home you can also itemize it on your home owners insurance policy and it will be covered as well. Depends on the insurance company though. State Farm replaced an iPhone 4 for me that was lost in flood water during Irene a few years back.

6. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

My home insurance doesn't cover mobile phone. To the OP, I have google protect my bubble review and I do see a lot of negative review but they are all from the UK, none of the review is for the US division, I did check the BBB website and I see they have an A- rating with no complaint. I'm not sure what to make of this company

7. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

You have to watch with the credit card insurance. Visa won't cover it unless you paid the full retail cost at time of purchase.

8. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I went with Squaretrade. However, I think you have to have bought the phone within the last 30 days to qualify. And you have to submit a copy of the receipt to prove it, either digital from email or scan a paper copy.

9. dave420 macrumors 65816

I purchased two phones. Got SquareTrade with one and AppleCare+ with the other. Also using the AT&T insurance for both in case they get lost or stolen.
    Probably a little overkill, but it helps make sure the phones can be easily replaced.

10. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

If you download the app you can do it after the 30 days. It does cost more however, also it's monthly payment not a one shot deal.

11. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Like the poster said above, I think SquareTrade requires you to sign up within 30 days of the phone's purchase. Though, I could've sworn that I read elsewhere that they're doing away with the 30-days and merely increasing the premium.

I have 2 insurances. Asurion through AT&T and AppleCare+ through Apple. I know it's way too much to be spending money on, but it gives me peace of mind. Asurion can cover lost/stolen (albeit a $199 deductible) whereas AC+ covers other damages ($79 deductible).

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Credit card "lost or stolen" (IF they provide it) is only for the first 90 days.

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

An American Express Card will double your manufacture warranty; that's 2 years.