iPhone insurance UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimmy83, Aug 27, 2008.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Just had a call from r8cover.com and they offered me the 18months insurance for the iPhone for £79, and if you dont claim you get a refund off £45. The insurance is fully comp and covers you for everything. So works out you save over £100!

2. macuser264 macrumors newbie

Warning Possible Scam

In reply to the earlier thread, this looks as though it may be one of the companies that 'data mine' and gather information in order to cold call and try to get your bank details. They may not be legitimate and every company selling any insurance should be registered with the F.S.A which these are not, if they were for one it would be visible on their website and they would mention it during the pre-amble. I asked them on both occasions for them to send me information in the post, but they just asked me to look on their website.
    I have contacted O2 customer services and they do not authorise anyone to offer this service nor allow these companies to work under their umbrella, I've spoken to them and they have asked me to gather some more information which I will and when I have done so I will post back as to how it is going but everyone listen.....

BE VERY WARY ABOUT GIVING ANY PERSONAL DETAILS OR ESPECIALLY BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS TO ANYONE COLD CALLING EVEN IF THEY DO HAVE A LEGITIMATE LOOKING WEBSITE!

It's an old saying but if something is too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

3. macuser264 macrumors newbie

Also Jimmy, the first poster please let me know how far you have gone with this company and who your phone contract is with as I will be taking the matter further with o2 at least but perhaps to FSA and any other regulatory bodies such as Police and the Office of Fair Trading, if necessary I will get in touch via the moderators if possible and can get some further evidence from you.

4. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

I stupidly gave them my bank details, and said I would go for the deal but they then phoned me back and I told them that I didnt want to take out the deal. OCUK 35quid a month plan.

5. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Just a head up that this has happened again, following a possible leak from O2.

6. BGM macrumors newbie

why do people bother with mobile phone specific insurance?

is home contents insurance not good enough?? i just have my mobile / camera etc specified on mine as items i take out of the home.. no additional cost.

7. ksimm macrumors newbie

I got free iPhone 3GS insurance with natwest, and it includes water damage which was good. :cool:

8. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nice man, think iam gonna cancel my insurance with O2 and not bother with any insurance at all. Go the 3G with around 6 months left on my contract, what do you think?