Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
So when i told me friend, who happens to be deeply involved in the industry, about the AT&T business plan for the iPhone this is what he responded with (well.. later in the message)

The good news is this, since at&t finally decided to start covering all phones (that's supposed to start this summer), they decided to try to find a way to cover the iPhone. So we've been working with at&t on a few options to pitch to apple.
Long story short, at&t met with apple last week and while they haven't agreed to anything, they didn't say no. We'll see what happens

granted that if you've had your phone for longer than a month you're not eligible for insurance, this is definitely good news for future iPhone buyers

ifonline

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Braselton, Georgia
granted that if you've had your phone for longer than a month you're not eligible for insurance, this is definitely good news for future iPhone buyers

Interesting if this becomes a reality. Of course, I would definitely make a point with AT&T regarding prior owners and insurance coverage, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.