iPhone insurance with o2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hudzilla, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Im thinking about insuring my iPhone with o2 and I'm just wondering If anyones had theirs insured, and claimed on it.

How reliable / awkward were they to grant a claim etc.

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I didn't get mine insured - I figured it'd be covered under home insurance. The one time I did get phone insurance (not through O2 I hasten to add, Singlepoint's one or something like that), I paid £7.50 a month only to find that when my phone did get stolen, they refused to pay up, even though I had a police report and everything. Since then I've always been *very* dubious about mobile phone insurance. It always seems so expensive when compared to home insurance.

3. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

yea that's the experience I've had with insurance for phones, but I was thinking since its an iPhone they might be a little more reliable!

Still not sure though

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I've got o2's insurance, but luckily I've not had to claim.. their insurance did seem like a good deal, as it runs from month to month and you're not tied into a whole year/18months of it. So if you dont think you need it anymore then you can always cancel it.

5. SAFC2403 macrumors member

As long as you have personal posessions covered away from home on your home insurance you should be covered. I'm with more than and they have a limit of £1000. Anything under that is automatically covered away from home.

Saved myself a few quid a month as it makes phone insurance worthless.

Obviously don't take my word for it as everyones insurance is different but it's certainly worth making the call to find out one way or the other.

6. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

Yeah, I was covered for the value of my laptop away from home on my home insurance, and simply added on the value of the iPhone on top - added a grand total of £0.00 to my total monthly premium! :D

I had a similar problem with phone insurance to Spanky Deluxe. But instead of theft it was accidental damage to a phone I had, which the insurer told me I was covered for. Imagine my surprise when I got a letter a week later telling me they weren't going to pay out. I'd spent a total of £60 over the course of around a year for it. Never going to make that mistake again.

7. Hudzilla thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

Yea looking at their insurance page, I'd say it is pretty good compared to other mobile insurance I've had in the past.

I'll probably go for it as I aren't tied down for a certain amount of time and can cancel whenever!

8. Wavell macrumors regular

Wavell

I tried fruitlessly over a period of about a week to get O2 to call me back (via their insurance form) but got tired of waiting and went with CUSC ("Foneguard") instead. They had pretty good reviews from what I've seen and their response was immediate (and they're cheaper too !). :)