iPhone insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by z28black98, Sep 10, 2007.

1. z28black98 macrumors regular

so I am calling around local State Farm agents and they are basically telling me because I paid 399.99 and not the original price of 599 that they cant insure it because I didnt pay $400 dollars. They say thats the minimum they can write a policy for. How would they know whether I bought it this weekend or the first day? Do I have to show documentation of any kind?

Any other companies sell insurance for this thing??

EDIT:

So after some searching, squaretrade.com apparently sells insurance with no deductible for 10% of the purchase price. Does anyone have experience with squaretrade? Also, safeware.com supposedly sells one too, any experience with them?

Thanks

2. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I called square trade and the 10% if only for extended warrenty service for 3 years. If you want accidental damage coverage it will cost you an additional $75 for 3 years. Last time I called safeware (about 2 weeks ago) the woman who answered the phone said they were looking for someone who could repair the iphone and as soon as they found someone they would offer insurance.

3. z28black98 thread starter macrumors regular

After calling about 10 or so different local state farm agents, finally found one who could do it. Basically charged me 30 dollars for 1yr of insurance, including accident damage, 0 deductible, etc. Definately worth the 30 dollars. She also said if there was anything I wanted to add it wouldnt cost anymore, like jewelry or anything. I have a renters insurance policy that covers all of that. but she said I am only using 11 dollars of that premium for the iphone.

It took me several hrs to make all the calls, etc but was definately worth it. If they do come out with a new iphone within the next yr, I have a way to get a new one for free!!

4. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Anyone have liberty mutual? I have them for renters but don't know if they cover this. Obviously they are closed right now. But if anyone can give me their input I'd appreciate it. Thanks