iPhone insurance..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btallada9870, Oct 26, 2007.

1. btallada9870 macrumors member

I'm interested in getting insurance on my laptop and iphone, but when I called state farm and all state they say that they won't cover the iphone, and that it shoudl be covered under my family's homeowners insurace. However, I always hear about how people on here have their own policy for their iphone.

Do you have a specific policy, and if anyoen could give me the details of the policy so I can bring it up to the agent, that would be very helpful.

any help is appreciated
    thank you

2. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Mine fell under a personal property policy. It applies to items over $500 in value. That was before the price drop, so I'm not sure how they treat it now. My laptop was also insured for $2500 under the same type of plan.

3. Angelo921 macrumors 6502

I also have mine with State Farm under the personal policy which i also have my wifes engagement ring for which there is no deductible. Its insured for $543 which is the full price when i bought it plus taxes. The price drop does not affect it according to my agent. if anything were to happen and I needed to put in a claim I would get $543. The iphone's insurance costs me $33 for 1 year.