iPhone insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

when I purchased my I'm iPhone from cpwh tonight, they talked me into the 35 pound quarterly insurance. They told me that home insurance wouldn't cover it as if you lose your iPhone, you can't get another one for that contract... I just want to know if I'm being ripped off. Insurance is nice, as I live in a rough area of London, but is it worth 12 pound a month?. Thanks.

2. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

They tried to talk me into this too, they at one point told me that I could only insure it with CPW, as no one else would insure an iphone brought from CPW, I called BS and they didn't know what to do with themselves! What a load of S**te, that would mean a monopoly, which in this day in age is against the law.

There are pro's and con's with all insurances, and with my home insurance I don't get 24hr replacement as with the O2 or CPW insurance, but that isn't a huge concern to me.

I am pretty sure that if you claimed on your insurance and got a replacement in a couple of days you could simply sync it to your itunes and transfer your account to the new phone.

3. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

strange, I was told it was forty pounds. I think that this was the car phone warehouse being a little bit naughty. I'm going to clarify with o2 next week, in the meantime I'll enjoy my phone!

4. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

did you get the insurance then?

5. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

no. Only bought the phone there because the queue was shorter than at the o2 shop. I'll know to go straight to apple next time. Loving this phone.

6. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

you guys can get your iphones insured??? so lucky

7. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

Just seen this on the O2 website.

http://www.o2.co.uk/iphone/insurance

You have 28 days from date of purchase to buy it.

Works out at £90 a year or £22.50 a quarter.
    Cheaper than CPW

8. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

wait wait wait wait wait ...

So if i drop my brand new iPhone I wave goodbye to £630 right there and then !!! ???

Can't I get a new one, unlock it and use it on my existing contract?

9. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

I'm gonna insure mine on Barclays Additions, gadget insurance is included in it.