Iphone Interesting Issue / idea

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kristiaand, Oct 22, 2008.

1. kristiaand macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    just thought i would mention this in case someone with better xcode skills has the ability to pull off a cool application with it. although it might already be done and i have not found it.

Anyway here goes. i have a Sony Ericsson HCB-700 car kit which my first gen iphone is synced to so i can drive and talk leagally.

i was driving home listening to music throught the iphones speakers as my stereo is broken (blown fuse) whilst i was doing this i tried to make a phone call to a friend, as the call started the iphone asked me where i should divert the sound.

I choose the car kit, as the call started to ring i lost my signal and the call cut off. HOWEVER (and heres where it gets interesting) when the call ended it carried on playing my music through the car kit and the iphones speakers.

The iphone showed the option to call back been as it knew i lost the call, but it carried on pumping my music through the car kit

Anyway ive babbled enough, it obviously shows that the iphone can work as a stereo headset its just setup todo it ONLY at certain times. what i thought u guys might be able todo is work out where that bit of code to transfer the sound gets done and use that to create a program that allows us to use bluetooth speakers with it.

if i have just wasted your time reading this i have to appologize i just got a bit excited when i noticed it would do this. if there is an app out there can u point me in its direction as i have not found one yet :)

hope this helps someone somewhere become rich, just remember me hehehe

2. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I'll have to try that with my car's HFL, but I don't know how to force the call to fail.

3. kristiaand thread starter macrumors member

as i say the call failed due to me not having a signal as i was driving along. perhaps this could be replicated by removing the sim card? may damage it mind u.

biscuit tin? metal container to make it loose its signal, but it might also loose the bluetooth one