Iphone Interference

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ufome, Jul 11, 2007.

1. ufome macrumors newbie

I have an old TV with an antenna (think cables and tin foil) and when I am using my iPhone near it it periodically sends out some nasty loud interference to the TV. It is usual when turning the iPhone out of stand by and into stand by. It goes Zzzzp zzzzp zp zp zzzzzzzzzzp ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZPP. Does anyone know if this is normal for cell phones? (this is my first cell phone). Or is it possible that I have a iPhone that is sending out extraneous signals? If so how do I test to see if my phone is in compliance with set standards?

Interestedly it does it again about 30 seconds to 1 1/2 minutes after turning the iPhone into stand by and then sometimes 15-30 minutes later.
    Is it the cell phone or the wifi???

Thank for any help

2. thuff13 macrumors member

I don't know about cell phones interfering with TV reception, but they do interfere with speakers. Any time it is sending a signal it can interfere with speakers if it is too close. I think every cell phone I have owned has done this. The iPhone seems to be worse than my old phone, but I suspect that this is because it is working harder (i.e. checking email every 15 minutes).

3. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Its normal for GSM phones to cause this sort of interference.

Get used to it! I can actually tell someone is calling me by the buzz through my amp which I can hear before the phone rings, if I put my phone on the coffee table in my living room.

4. dadaiPhone macrumors newbie

Interferance

Hi I have thesame thing happening to me. This usally happens on certain channels. My tv is in my room and it better to use it latexat night this works for me. Also if you can use the 3g network it with happen less. D:cool:

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Unfortunately, this is common with cell phones that have data capabilities. I haven't heard this affecting TV's before, but speakerphones, baby monitors, etc., will suffer. Not a meeting goes by at work where somebody's phone is too close or at just the right angle and the speakerphone "sings" to us.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The buzzing goes away in 3G mode. If you have 3G coverage, and can get a good signal, this is a good reason to use it.