iPhone Intermittently Unresponsive When Receiving Call

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lingervette, May 21, 2011.

1. lingervette macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 4.3.3 through redsn0w 0.9.6rc16. After I installed all of my old packages from cydia, it intermittently stops responding when I receive a call or text. The lock button and the volume buttons will function fine, the lock button blacking out the screen and the volume buttons silencing the phone but the touchscreen is unresponsive and I end up having to press the lock button twice to be able to slide to unlock the phone. This isn't a big deal when receiving a text but I essentially have to ignore the call and call the person back when it comes to voice. Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

2. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have a similar issue. I have standard iPhone4 (no jailbreak). Occasionally I receive a call and pull the phone out of my pocket and if the timing is right (maybe a button press), I cannot answer no matter what I do. The slide to unlock slides but just goes back. I cannot unlock to answer. I have to wait for the call to end then unlock the phone.

3. lingervette thread starter macrumors newbie