IPhone internal Mic issue - strange enough!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by harrytech, Sep 6, 2008.

1. harrytech macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I am facing a unique issue with my iphone 2g. I am currently on 2.0.2 with winpwn 2.5, the issue lies with my microphone volume during the call.

The other party can bearly hear me (i have tried this by caling from my landline to my iphone, and i cannot hear myself properly via my iphone). the sensitivity is so low that it cannot even capture small thuds!

the wierd thing though is, when i use "voice recorder" or any other app, and playback, the sensitivity is too good.

what could be wrong? the mic hardware seems to be fine as it works on app mode without any hitch.

is there some core files i screwed up? i have done a full factory wipe/restore without any help!

please help!
    harrytech is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

2. aseaman92 macrumors newbie

i have this same problem I've tried cleaning the holes on the bottom out because my speaker was very quite so i hoped that it was the problem with the mic and turns out that it works fine now :) so try cleaning them out but DO NOT USE A NEEDLE BECAUSE THAT COULD DAMAGE IT MORE you could puncture a hole in the mic and it would not work at all.