iphone International texting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 3phase, Oct 7, 2010.

1. 3phase macrumors newbie

So my friend is in Paris France for a business trip (he lives in Chicago and uses a blackberry) for 3 weeks. I have no international texting/minutes plan. If I text him, will the text even go through? From my understanding, it would go through, only there would be sending/receiving charge for myself/him. Also, does he have the option of not accepting the text?

2. josielinnea macrumors regular

josielinnea

The text would go through.
    There's probably an additional charge but it would depend on your provider, and his and if he's using his american provider or not.
    No, you can not "deny" an incoming text. He could put his phone in flightmode, but what good would it do for him then..?

Maybe you could find a messaging app that exists on both iphone (assuming you have a iphone) and blackberry, and having him use a local provider with a dataplan or wifi to recieve the messages.

3. 3phase thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah he lives in Chicago and set his account and everything here; he's just away on business. Just wondering because I texted him yesterday afternoonish, and have not heard from him. Maybe he realizes that if he sends me back a reply text, he'll get charged again, as he's already been charged for receiving the text I sent yesterday lol. And yes I have the iphone4