iPhone International Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anarchron, Nov 3, 2007.

1. anarchron macrumors member

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I seem to have received an iPhone with the 'negative black' screen issue. As I live in Australia, and am planning to return my iPhone for a replacement when it comes out later next year, the question is whether the iPhone warranty is international?

Or hypothetically, could a US iPhone gain warranty service in the UK when it comes out later next week?

Thanks

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I was wondering about this. I would return it to the seller though - ebay was it?

3. anarchron thread starter macrumors member

No, a friend in the US bought it for me and sent it via fedex. Problem is that he himself doesn't have an AT&T account and I wouldn't want to trouble him to get one just so that he can fix my iPhone.

4. smacman macrumors 6502

I think your going to have to live with the problem. Unfortunately without an AT&T contract, Apple is refusing to honor the warranty. I don't know what an AT&T contract has to do with the hardware but that is their policy and they are sticking to it.

5. paulo999 macrumors member

Is that true? I thought it was only issues relating to the phone features that required a contract.