iphone internet advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zaidar61s, Nov 3, 2009.

1. zaidar61s macrumors member

hi
    ive got an iphone 3g which is unlocked and i have a three sim in there. is it possible for me to disable using the internet from the service provider and onlyconnect through wifi as my bill is gone quite high from using the internet from my service provider.

ive browsed the internet before posting thisbut cant seem to find any help.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Jailbreak and install an app called SBSettings from Cydia. That allows you to turn off edge but still make calls. You can still use wifi also.

3. sam100 macrumors newbie

Yes - you could probably just delete the APN settings from Settings - General - Network - Cellular Data Network. This will prevent your device from connecting to your carriers data network, but if you enable WiFi all data sessions will pass thru that. Hope that helps

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

That only disables 3G and not edge which will still access the internet.

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Not sure if this would work, but could you not go

settings-> network-> cellular data network-> and the change the password to something totally random thus not being able to access the internet?

Just a thought!

6. FXT 1 macrumors 6502

+1

Correct. But with OP being on 3, they only provide 3G networks, meaning you can't disable 3G. Theoretically, it's possible but it costs 3 in 2G roaming charges and so they would block your number/freeze your account.

It seems that sam100 has now changed his post. :rolleyes:

OP, why not consider adding a data bundle to your plan with 3, assuming you do not already have one?