iphone/ios issue? help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rita54, Nov 6, 2014.

1. rita54 macrumors newbie

I don't even quite know what iOS support refers to, but that's what I was told! I am so not a technical person! I don't know how to get information about this w/o telling my story. I was fighting w my workplace and sent my immediate manager (private) texts about how I felt and it seems he immediately turned them over to the corporate HR. I was called in for a disciplinary work plan and what I said in these texts were made part of it. I have moved on (emotionally... physically still at the same place!) but I recently had reason to try to retrieve my texts to and from this manager and discovered they were no longer on my iPhone. I searched on google for ways to retrieve lost texts and in following the steps given, pulled up an offline file that contained all my texts to and from probably about 8 people. The texts in this file contained those that my manager had turned over as well as those from fellow employees and family, all from that same 5 week period. And weirdly, they had all been erased from my text exchange with that person. i.e. in my daily texting w my daughter, these particular texts no longer appear in our history. Also in my HR meeting the administration stated that according to "legal" blah.blah.blah. So obviously these texts had been shown to "legal" and I wonder if somehow they had gained access to other, private text exchanges.
    Is this possible? Why are these particular, time specific texts showing up in a separate offline file on my mac? I wouldn't know how to do that if I tried! Verizon took it as far as they could and told me I need IOS tech support
    any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

3. rita54 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. rita54 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any help? Should I post in a different forum ?
    Thank you!