iPhone iOS4 Problem and Downgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fromPC2Mac, Jun 25, 2010.

1. fromPC2Mac macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2009

Since I downloaded and installed iOS4 on Monday, I've had nothing but trouble with my phone (a 3G) - it seems really slow in responding to anything I do, such as clicking on Settings takes around 20 seconds to load, and clicking on the address bar in Safari takes a few clicks before it listens.

Firstly, is anyone else having these problems, and is there a way of fixing it? I've already restored the phone and reinstalled but still the same

And secondly, can I revert back to the last operating system, which had none of these problems, and if so, how?

Many thanks in advance :)
  2. Yoshiro macrumors newbie

Jun 25, 2010
    North West UK
    I spoke to a fella from Apple who said that basically it shouldnt have been allowed onto the 3g as its not got the hardware capability for the upgrade!
  3. fromPC2Mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2009
    I was surprised it was available on 3G actually. Will have to wait until September until I can upgrade my phone, but can't be doing with this slow phone until then!

Surely there must be a way to downgrade?!
  4. ldkaplan macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2002
    N. Georgia
    So how do I downgrade my 3g back to OS3? It's nearly unsuable.

Fortunately, I have an IP4. But I want to give my 3g to the kids to play with.